Friday, April 20, 2012

And now we are six. . .


Oh, my little man. How my heart just glows when I think of you. I can't even count the number of times Daddy and I have looked at each other with laughter in our eyes as you come in the room with a new costume or make a wise and funny observation of life. You are outside right now, as you are all the time you don't have to be inside.

Today you are Robin Hood, and i hear you bossing around your merry men and preparing for battle.

You really love chips. As you pointed out to us, you don't just have a sweet tooth- all your teeth are sweet.

You love to move- sports, cars, scooters, bikes, and just plain running. For your party, you want to just run races with your friends. With all this movement, you are still my cuddle bug and I savor the moments you get in bed with us and just lay still, letting me smell that boy smell on you- a mixture of dirt, sweat and leftover candy.

Most of all I love your heart. How you look to your daddy for all that is good and stable in the world and how your heart broke and tears rolled as you learned of neighbor boys that don't have a daddy. You are fierce in your desires and passions and you dig in your heels on things you want. But in the end, you do what you know you should and come to us with hugs and joy renewed.

Someday this strong spirit will help you hold strong in hard times. You will live life with action and passion, and probably in the great outdoors.

Six is a wonderful year. I am so happy to be by your side as you learn and grow this year. I love you, sweet pea.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Many years to your six year old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday Dear Abram!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete