Saturday, October 15, 2011

good prayers said with lying lips


I have been a grumbler lately. From work to laundry, I have been complaining about it. . . in my heart.
I somehow thought that if I kept it inside, then it didn't count. Kind of like internal bleeding.
And it is good that I am not voicing every little grievance with the world as my audience, but keeping it inside still counts.
Then I listened again to the words we pray every morning-

". . . in all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings. . ."

Even if I keep my grumblings on the insides, am I letting God guide my words and my thoughts?

Am I living a life of joy and gratitude?

Am I looking at this beautiful crisp fall day and inwardly moaning about housecleaning, or rejoicing in the glow of pumpkins and mums on my porch?

God, lift my eyes from my petty frustrations to see you and your glory surrounding me. Give me eyes to see and ears to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment